31 January 2007

January 2007 in review

Glacial would be the best word to describe the speed of my progress this month, but some items on the list received attention... The last miniature for my Tau army has been assembled and primed. This is actually quite a landmark for me, for rarely have I come this close to closure on a project. Most of my other projects have been open-ended, with minis being constantly added to the mix, leaving me with a pile of unpainted minis.

The Renaissance project is starting to actually take shape. Now, I just need to inject some funding into the works. Much of that will come from the sell-off of my unwanted gaming materials, on eBay or through other contacts. I'm waiting to re-start the sell-off until we are finished with the move (the move is getting closer also, once again just waiting on funding [sigh] ).

I have also decided to try and keep track of the books I've read during the year. I am currently reading Taylor's The Art of War in Italy 1494-1529. Earlier this month I picked up an interesting book by Eric Flint, 1632 link It is not bad if you are a fan of alternate history; a good page-turner even if the outcome is predictable. It is piquing my curiosity about the 30 Year's War, with a stirring description of the battle of Breitenfeld. Is it an accurate description? I don't know but I'll check on it.


.

1 comment:

  1. The 1632 series of books is interesting in its concept. For a better idea of the rest (and to read substantial excerpts online) go to baen books website:

    http://www.baen.com/


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete