01 January 2013

Monsters, part 1

Finally, after too much time has gone by, I have settled down to have a look at a miniature that could be used for a monster, or nicker, for some Half Continent gaming.



I am going to start off with the figure on the left, Darkson Designs Wendigo for their weird WW2 game. 

(The fellow on the right makes a pretty good gudgeon in my opinion though, and I will return to that at a later point)




The beasty is going to take some work, however.  This Wendigo is sculpted as an undead being.  It is my intention to skin over the open bits with some green stuff to give it a slightly more lively appearance.  I might reduce the forearm length also, as they seem a touch too long, especially in this pic.  The base, that accompanied the miniature, is 50mm in diameter, but I might try to replace it if I have a 40mm round base available.




Here is a comparison with an Ebor Miniatures ensign.  Big beasty is an apt term I think!

3 comments:

  1. A cheering beginning of the new year: best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nicker.I can't wait to see paint upon it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, kind sirs - it feels good to be back at the hobby table again.

    ReplyDelete